Share On Social
Business Listing Management
Presented At Equip Expo 2023
WHAT IS BUSINESS LISTING MANAGEMENT?
Keeping your business listing(s) consistent and correct across the internet is the basis of local SEO. Putting your dealership info on your website is not enough because Google uses multiple directories to cross-check and validate your business name, address, phone number, and other data.
Let’s talk about the benefits of business listing management.
Effective business listing management is important for several reasons:
- Improved online visibility: When business information is accurate and up-to-date across all directories, search engines, and social media platforms, it becomes easier for local customers to find the business online. This can improve the online visibility and make it easier for customers to discover products or services.
- Increased credibility and trust: Accurate and consistent business information across multiple directories and platforms can help build trust and credibility with potential customers. This increases the likelihood that they will choose to do business with your dealership.
- Higher search engine rankings: When online listings are optimized for search engines, it can improve search engine rankings and make it easier for potential customers to find a business online.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO MANAGE BUSINESS LISTINGS?
Step 1 – make sure your dealership name, address, and phone number are consistent across ALL online directories. This doesn’t mean just Google or Facebook.
Online Directories include
–Better Business Bureau
–Amazon Alexa (voice search)
Many more directories are out there and can help your dealership be discovered locally.
Step 2 – Claim and verify your dealership listings included on online directories.
This helps prevent unauthorized listings that might have the wrong information.
Step 3 – Encourage customers to leave reviews and more importantly, make sure that you respond to reviews. A simple “Thank you” is appreciated.
- Positive reviews help build trust and credibility with potential customers.
- Negative reviews provide valuable feedback on where the dealership can improve. Or it could be a review from a “crazy” customer you never want to see again. It’s important to handle it professionally and not to respond while you’re angry.
Responding to both types of reviews shows the dealership values its customers and hears what they are saying.
In Step 2 we talked about claiming and verifying listings on online directories. But HOW DO YOU FIND ONLINE DIRECTORIES?
There are some tools out there to help. A few examples include
This tool has a free business listing management tool. You can quickly generate an assessment of your business listings on over 50 online directories and then check the accuracy of the listings.
With SEMRush, you can distribute your business data (name, phone, address, etc.) automatically to the most popular directories. You can also suppress duplicates, track local rankings, monitor reviews, etc.
Synup and MOZ Local are other tool examples, but they don’t offer a free version.
A new dog park, “Mulligan’s Bark Park,” has opened in downtown Louisville on Fourth Street: Built on a lot belonging to the City of Louisville, the park will provide a place for dogs to socialize off-leash, have some fun and get exercise.
Rotary’s new 2024 master catalog features the industry’s most complete line of power equipment parts, tools and accessories. Available for servicing dealers and distributors, it includes more…
The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI), an international trade association, recently named three new members to its Board of Directors…
The new CZT60TX zero-turn mower from RedMax, powered by a 38.5 HP Kawasaki FX1000 fuel-injected engine, packs plenty of punch with a commercial duty drive system that allows for ground speeds…
The new X Series DPE-2600 curved shaft edger combines power and torque with lightweight construction, allowing pros to carve through dense dirt and overgrown grass and weeds. This edger weighs only…