Share On Social
Business Listing Management
Presented At Equip Expo 2023
WHAT IS BUSINESS LISTING MANAGEMENT?
Keeping your business listing(s) consistent and correct across the internet is the basis of local SEO. Putting your dealership info on your website is not enough because Google uses multiple directories to cross-check and validate your business name, address, phone number, and other data.
Let’s talk about the benefits of business listing management.
Effective business listing management is important for several reasons:
- Improved online visibility: When business information is accurate and up-to-date across all directories, search engines, and social media platforms, it becomes easier for local customers to find the business online. This can improve the online visibility and make it easier for customers to discover products or services.
- Increased credibility and trust: Accurate and consistent business information across multiple directories and platforms can help build trust and credibility with potential customers. This increases the likelihood that they will choose to do business with your dealership.
- Higher search engine rankings: When online listings are optimized for search engines, it can improve search engine rankings and make it easier for potential customers to find a business online.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO MANAGE BUSINESS LISTINGS?
Step 1 – make sure your dealership name, address, and phone number are consistent across ALL online directories. This doesn’t mean just Google or Facebook.
Online Directories include
–Better Business Bureau
–Amazon Alexa (voice search)
Many more directories are out there and can help your dealership be discovered locally.
Step 2 – Claim and verify your dealership listings included on online directories.
This helps prevent unauthorized listings that might have the wrong information.
Step 3 – Encourage customers to leave reviews and more importantly, make sure that you respond to reviews. A simple “Thank you” is appreciated.
- Positive reviews help build trust and credibility with potential customers.
- Negative reviews provide valuable feedback on where the dealership can improve. Or it could be a review from a “crazy” customer you never want to see again. It’s important to handle it professionally and not to respond while you’re angry.
Responding to both types of reviews shows the dealership values its customers and hears what they are saying.
In Step 2 we talked about claiming and verifying listings on online directories. But HOW DO YOU FIND ONLINE DIRECTORIES?
There are some tools out there to help. A few examples include
This tool has a free business listing management tool. You can quickly generate an assessment of your business listings on over 50 online directories and then check the accuracy of the listings.
With SEMRush, you can distribute your business data (name, phone, address, etc.) automatically to the most popular directories. You can also suppress duplicates, track local rankings, monitor reviews, etc.
Synup and MOZ Local are other tool examples, but they don’t offer a free version.
Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (Yanmar CE North America), encompassing the Yanmar Compact Equipment and ASV brands, has entered into a partnership with the City of Grand Rapids…
Morbark has unveiled the all NEW “BVR” line of hand-fed brush chippers at this year’s TCI Expo, in St. Louis, Mo. Alongside the BVR lineup, visitors found 6- and 8-in. brush chippers from…
In recognition of his service and as a token of gratitude, the North American Equipment Dealers Assn. (NAEDA) Board presented the NAEDA CEO, Kim Rominger, with a…
Kohler Co. will outsource the majority of its energy division to an investment firm. Platinum Equity, which manages about $47 billion in assets, will become the majority investment partner of…
On November 6, the American National Standards Institute approved the OPEI-proposed U.S. national adoption of the international mower standards ISO 5395, Parts 1 (terminology and common…